Communications & Social Media Trainee
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Trainee to join our communications team at Cambre. Can you succeed in a fast-paced environment juggling many tasks and responsibilities? Do you often find yourself thinking of new ways to communicate with political stakeholders? Do you live and breathe social media?
In this role, you will actively participate in the implementation of strategic communications and digital advocacy campaigns for clients in a variety of sectors.
- Conduct monitoring on traditional and social media for a range of clients
- Contribute to research, development and execution of pan-European and global communications campaigns
- Identify and flag up new issues, threats and opportunities for clients
- Support with the production communications and media materials
- Actively support clients with social media management
- Website management
- Assist with development of presentations to and for clients, meetings and events.
- Assist with organization of and attend events and conferences
- Exemplary written and oral English knowledge as well as presentation skills
- Creative mind-set with a passion for digital communications
- University level education in a communications or related discipline
- Ability to multi-task and a proactive, self-starting ‘can-do’ attitude
- Good team player with attention to detail and proven writing, research, and organisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- An outgoing and dynamic personality
- Interest in digital forms of communication and a good understanding of social media
- Experience of working with issue-oriented communications campaigns
- Good understanding of the functioning of the EU and EU institutions
- Knowledge of policy areas in relation to technology, environment, energy, transport, chemicals, health, and foreign policy would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Brussels-EU media landscape, preferably gained from prior experience working in a PR consultancy environment.
- 6-month paid trainee contract (Convention d’immersion professionnelle) in a highly stimulating international work environment and the opportunity to start a career in public policy and public relations
Start date: ASAP
Please apply only if you meet the requirements. Unfortunately, due to the very high number of applications we receive, we will only contact shortlisted applicants.
Please note: Applicants for this vacancy should have a valid EU working permit. To apply, please send your CV (two pages maximum) and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 November at noon with the subject line: Communications and Social Media Internship Application